Friday, February 24, 2006

2/24 BUGS at YOUNGSTOWN (W, 5-3)

SORRY RAJAN, CAN'T LET THIS ONE PASS
http://www.broadcastmonsters.com/Wichita/Thunder022406.asx
Go to the 1:31 mark and listen to the call of a no-goal for Tulsa.

Greg usually takes the daily blogging, and I'm not sure if he's seen this, but it can't be ignored.
Wichita color commentator Joel (not-so PC) Lomurno, after a Tulsa goal was disallowed, said "And I see those retarded 10-year-old kids with no shirts running around the concourse for no reason. There is no goal. The kids don't realize it, so, yeah, go away."
Are you kidding me? RETARDED????????
You can't say that! I am baffled. Especially in this day in age, I would be shocked if someone didn't voice a concern about this outburst.
The sad part is, it didn't just slip out. He went on to chastise the youngsters for HAVING FUN. He's berating exuberant kids for celebrating. Hello, those are the future fans of the game! Yeah, it would be much better for them to sit on the hands. Instead he's smalk-talking kids. Pick on someone your own size!
Trust me, calling games live is no easy task. I've done color the past two postseasons for the Mudbugs. But the problem is, you have to realize what you say is etched in history FOREVER. You have to have class.
My biggest fear was dropping an expletive, but thankfully it never happened. And it didn't happen during Game 7 in Laredo, so I can't imagine a more volatile situation than that.

TIMES STORY FROM FRIDAY NIGHT'S GAME
http://shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060224/SPORTS0303/302240006/1001/SPORTS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home